Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our New Kitchen

Well, this last week has been fun. Not. My husband's dad was taken to emergency last week, so J had to rush home to Edmonton. Coincidentally, the day before we closed on our new home. Bit of a mad panic arranging power of attorney so that I could sign everything necessary the next day.

Fast forward to almost a full week later, and I'm kind of physically and emotionally drained from the stress of getting into major debt, moving from a fifth floor walk up to a new state (ok so it's only across the river) and undertaking major renovations on my own. I have, however, had a few rays of light. One of them is this company called Basic Builders.



This is Peter Welles - and he's drawing me a new kitchen. Look at him with his old-timey tools! He's using a real pencil (which was tucked behind his ear) and graph paper. He did make a few concessions to modern living though - he had the most wicked laser pointer-er measuring thing.

My good friend Sarah had already been hard at work looking for pictures of kitchens that she thought would work, so I was able to at least provide Peter with some design direction - mainly that we have 'champagne taste on a PBR budget'. I'm sure that everyone says this.

Here's the dream kitchen:


We may just be 10 days away from getting to this point. Fingers crossed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! It's wonderful picture of the dreamy kitchen!! I too love this one!!