Friday, March 20, 2009

Vernal Equinox

Today is the last day of winter, the Vernal Equinox. To celebrate this, it snowed. Thankfully, it didn't last very long, or even stick to the ground. Still it was an annoyance though, I'd already had an outfit all planned out that included somewhat inappropriate sling back shoes. Instead, I had to pull out the trusty Australians:


holy moly, they really need to be taken care of....I've had these boots for 11 years and they should last me another few at least. Jay bought these for me when we lived in Toronto. It was my birthday, and while I'm sure he'd rather have bought me a pair of red patent leather stilleto's, he knew my affinity for butch footware.

Today, in celebration of the last day of winter, I'm thinking ahead. I'm going to plan next years winter landscape for our new home. There's a big backyard and I figure that I can leave out some very specific items to create a snowscape. I wonder if a rusty old lawnmower will make a lovely shape. I think it will.

No comments: